The one thing I don't like about new years is the resolutions. I don't make them, I am realistic enough about myself to know that more than likely I am not going to stick to them just because they are New Year's Resolutions and I feel like the expectation is to fail. I try really hard to work on things all year round ( except I can't seem to get the whole exercise thing worked into my schedule, I keep hoping the guilt will somehow morph my 40+ year old muscles into toned ones. I will let you know how that goes, so far, no success). Here are some things I am excited about this year:
1. We are bringing a lot more unique, handmade and hard to find products into the store
2. Our babywearing, car seat and stroller sections are growing and growing
3. Our furniture offerings will be growing this year too!
4. We will be doing a lot of great activities and events this year that we haven't done before (thanks Stefanie)
5. We are offering a newborn diaper rental (available now)
6. I have a bunch of family members with milestone birthdays I can't wait to celebrate!! (and someone else turns 40 so I won't be alone in this over 40 category anymore)
7. One of my favorite family members is getting married to a great guy, in a great venue (can't wait to be there)
8. My amazing (step) Granddaughter will be here spending more time with us this summer, which means more roller coaster rides, trips to the Smithsonians, dancing and singing contests and other general silliness
9. I finally bought furniture for my office/craft room at home so I can't wait to work on some projects for the store, my family, and non-profit organizations at my beautiful desk and mid-century modern credenza!
10. We are going to start a video campaign for the store that I can't wait for! (except that it means I have to be on camera more, perhaps I should rethink the guilt as a fitness program idea...)
What are you excited about this year?