I love all things British--I think the fault lies mostly with PBS shows and my love for The Chronicles of Narnia--so I'm sure you can imagine how excited I was when I woke yesterday morning to the news that the Duchess of Cambridge had been admitted to the hospital and was in labor.
In honor of all the princes (and princesses) born yesterday, we've put together a few perfectly royal gift ideas:
1. The Prince's Bedtime: Written by Joanne Oppenheim and illustrated by Miriam Latimer, this adorable book is about a young prince who refuses to go to sleep, something that all parents, royal or otherwise, know well. Features an audio CD narrated by Jim Broadbent.
2. Aden + Anais Dream Blanket: Made with soft bamboo muslin, the Dream Blanket is incredibly luxurious.
3. Under the Nile Buddy: Soft toys are so much fun to snuggle with!
4. Baltic Amber Necklace: Because teething happens to everyone.
5. Bamboosa BambooBaby Hooded Towel: These towels are so soft! I love them!
6. Tots Bots Easy Fit Diaper in London: The London diaper is so cute with its map of the Underground, double-decker buses & taxicabs, and Beefeaters! What a great diaper for a royal bottom!
7. Sophie the Giraffe: Every baby has to have his own Sophie!
8. Wood Teething Necklace: The Duchess of Cambridge needs something fun and pretty, too, and this wooden teething necklace is absolutely beautiful and unique.
9. Rockin' Baby Sling in The Ground Beneath Her Feet: Duchess Kate and Prince William can keep in style and stay close to their son with a Rockin' Baby Sling! Come on, Kate--all the cool moms wear their babies!
10. Mudpuppy Flip & Draw Knights: Now, I understand the little prince might not quite have the fine motor skills for this item just yet, but Prince Harry is going to need something to do while the baby is sleeping and he has no one to play with. This would be a great older sibling or any child adjusting to a new little one.